Fill out the link https://forms.gle/9FoqRva3wNut63gP7 for those Tibetan children living abroad who are interested in registering for this year’s “Cultural Immersion Summer Course” at the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts. You are requested to obtain your parents’ signed authorization and the guarantee letter as attached below!
CULTURE IMMERSION SUMMER COURSE TIBETAN INSTITUTE OF PERFORMING ARTS
- To enable Tibetan children living abroad to join TIPA Culture Immersion Summer Course to learn basics of Tibetan performing arts forms, Tibetan language, culture, history and fundamental principles of Buddhist
- To experience first-hand Tibetan exile community in India through visits and interaction with TIPA
- To enable the children to get a feel of the Tibetan spirit of maintaining their identity in exile and a better sense of understanding and appreciation of the Tibetan cause and
4. Program schedules and events
The 2023 Summer School program will be held from 15th July – 14th August 2023. This covers the four week program at a stretch. The further details on the course are as follows.
Reporting Date & Time
July 14, 2023, Friday
10.00 a.m. : Children to report at TIPA Office
2.00 p.m. (afternoon): Orientation Program in TIPA Auditorium
- Weekday Programs
This will be of two types-beginners & advanced as below:
- Theoretical and Practical Tibetan performing arts classes, language Tibetan classes for beginners and advanced Tibetan Grammar & composition for beginners/advanced
- Tibetan History Tibetan: Highlighting some of the great kings, Gaden Phodrang Government and the Dalai Lamas, Chinese Invasion and 1959 Uprising and
- Introduction to fundamental principles of Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan Religious
- Tibetan Culture and Traditions
Tibetan dress – regional differences and types
Learning traditional Tibetan performing art forms – Folk, Classical, Opera and musical instruments.
- Current Tibetan Situation
Central Tibetan Administration: visits & study sessions of Tibetan communities in exile; Tibetan issues in international arena: Study& discussions; H.H the Dalai Lama’s Middle Way Approach: Study& discussions.
II. Weekend Programs
Site visits around Dharamsala
Group discussions and doing projects Interaction with TIPA artistes.
Age: Between 13 to 17 years.
The accommodation for the participants will be arranged in a hostel within the campus.
Rain gear and other accessories
Since the monsoon will be in full swing during that time, the parents are requested to include complete rain gear (raincoats/umbrella, boots) in their packing list. The parents are requested not to send any electronic gadgets with their child except for a simple cell phone which should be deposited with the hostel matron or warden.
Students are requested to bring decent clothes during the program. We will be observing “Lhakar” (White Wednesday) every Wednesday, so kindly bring at least one set of Traditional dresses. (Chuba)
TIPA will handle all the minor medical cases; however major medication and referral cost should be borne by the parents
Documents to be attached in the online registration form
- Guarantee letter from the parents
- One recent passport size photo
- Authorization Letter for the child/children to be taken for weekends and outing
- Copy of passport or travel document
If any of the parents have difficulty in reaching TIPA, you can write to us for guidance and the course coordinator will help provide all necessary arrangements. Parents will bear the expenses incurred in arranging these.
The total amount for a single child to attend the Culture Immersion Summer Course is US $ 550/- or equivalent amount.
Parents are requested to send adequate pocket money with their child and maybe deposited at the office.
Parents who are interested in enrolling their child/children to this summer camp program can
Tsering Wangdu TIPA,
Mcleod Ganj, Dharamsala
Distt. Kangra-176219 H.P. INDIA WhatsApp: (+91) 8894996646
Note: Online registration form will be effective from March 1-31 May, 2023. It will be a first come, first serve basis.
The passports should be surrendered at TIPA Office and it will be handed back after the completion of the summer program.